Kinesiology Tape is an elastic sports tape designed to relieve pain while supporting muscles, tendons and ligaments. It helps in reducing pressure on the tissue, which may reduce discomfort. It has been designed to mimic the elasticity of the skin, so you can use your free range of motion. Furthermore, correct taping methods can help provide support to muscles by helping the muscle to not over-extend or over-contact.
It allows the free flow of blood and lymphatic fluid to cleanse and heal the inflammation without the use of medication or surgery.
It helps to-
- Improve blood circulation
- Support muscles
- Allow the internal injuries to heal
- Prevent further muscle injuries while still allowing movement.
- Enhance movement and endurance
It can be used for-
- Inhibition of hypertonic muscles
- Correction of the fascia
- Protecting muscles against excessive stress
- Protecting joints
- Improving the propriosensory system
- Suppressing pain
- Reducing inflammation
- Reducing haematoma
- Influencing the range of motion
- Stimulating hypotonic muscles
Do not use this tape for-
- Open wounds, deep vein thrombosis, active cancer, and lymph node removals
- People with diabetics, (who have reduced sensations in some areas, allergic conditions and fragile skin)
It’s made up of a blend of polyester, cotton with elastic fibres. As it withstands workouts and showers, it is durable for 3-5 days.
Use this K-Tape as per the instructions given by physicians and physical therapists, athletic trainers, chiropractors and massage therapists.